• Develop a fundraising strategy that includes yearly targets to meet the costs of the current and future programmes
• Develop annual work plans based on the approved strategy and prepare income and expenditure budgets for each fundraising initiative;
• Approach and raise funds from individuals, Government departments, Corporate, NGOs and other public trusts within India and internationally.
• Organize regular fundraising events/ activities in the region.
• Ensure that fundraising activities are in line with the organization goal and that communication materials are in consistent style that reflect the values of the organization.
• Conduct research into potential donors – trusts, foundations, companies and high net worth individuals – and prepare proposals and applications for donors whose philanthropic or funding criteria match the organization activities;
• Build up network with the Central and State Governments and the related agencies and departments;
• Develop and implement a strategy to revive relations with the existing donors and friends.
• Develop, manage and update databases to record donor contact and preference information;
• Ensure timely, appropriate and quality communication to all donors;
• Monitor and evaluate donor communications on a regular basis;
• Coordinate with the officer resource mobilization in the planning and execution of the fundraising strategy. Desired Candidate Profile
• Demonstrated skills in leadership and management and fund raising & sponsorship ;
• Knowledge of proposal preparation, events management and major donors;
• Skills in writing funding proposals for a range of donors including governmental and institutional;
• Ability to manage multiple donor relationships
• Ability to work independently and use discretion in confidential matters relating to donors.
• Proven exceptional written and verbal communication skills – Fluency in written, oral and presentation/ communication skills in English.
• Ability and willingness to travel
• Sound knowledge of computer applications.