Paints and Coatings Skill Council was incorporated in October 2015 under Section 8 of The Companies Act 2013 as a not for profit company. It is backed by industry bodies such as The Indian Paint Association (IPA), Indian Small Scale Paint Association (ISSPA) and Indian Paints and Coatings Association (IPCA). By combining standardised curriculums with sophisticated assessment tools for quality assurance, the council aims to promote and develop an ecosystem necessary to fill the skill gaps and meet the evolving challenges across all trades in the industry.
- Identify skills needed in the coatings sector
- Develop the National Occupational Standards for all these skills
- Develop the course material and training resources needed for quality training
- Encourage and promote the setting up of the required training institutions/academies
- Ensure that those who are trained in these institutions, meet the requirement of the industry
- Help connect trained / skilled workforce and potential employers