Did you know that before 2018 women in Saudi Arabia needed special permission from a male guardian for basic activities such as entering university, getting a job or even driving a car? The world has made great strides in trying to bridge the gender gap and give women equal rights and privileges that are enjoyed by men. But we have a long way to go.
The National Institute of Education and Development (NEID) is a leading non-government organization that works towards women empowerment in the political, social, economic sector. The stories of violence and abuse that women face every single day is a clear indicator that gender inequalities are still deeply rooted in every society.
NEID works with government officials and private companies to provide skill training and education for women across the country. Our dedicated volunteers work hard to ensure women have access to basic education and health care when they need it. The main focus of our efforts is to raise social awareness, especially among rural areas, through effective education and social media platforms. Equal women’s rights is not a dream; it is a fundamental reality we hope to achieve.
- Gone are the days when women rule the household, now they are ruling the world too.
- Women have the power to create, nurture, educate and transform.
- To make your family successful, educate women and to make your world powerful let women educate the world.
- Women are the epitome of beauty, knowledge, and power…they can rock the world.
- There is no tool for development more effective than the empowerment of women.
- Women’s empowerment is intertwined with respect for human rights.